Book Title: Money Mania Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
Publisher: Creative Teaching Press
Author: Teresa Domnauer
- What Time Is It? Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Addition Adventures Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Smart Subtractions Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Telling Time Stick Kids Workbook, Grade K (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Reading Comprehension Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Math Mazes and More Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Math Puzzlers Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Sight Words Stick Kids Workbook, Grade K (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Math Puzzlers Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 2 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Word Wizard Stick Kids Workbook, Grade 1 (Stick Kids Workbooks)
Research has shown that repetition is essential for the brain to learn and recall information. The engaging activities in this book will provide your child with repeated practice of grade-level-appropriate vocabulary and math skills about money. This kind of practice helps develop fluency and build a strong foundation in mathematical thinking and reasoning, an important skill for academic success. Teaching children about money involves teaching what money is, the denominations of currency, how to count money, why money is important, and how money is used in everyday life. Teaching children the denominations of coins and bills leads naturally to counting exercises. After children can add and subtract the value of coins and bills, they can learn about saving money and using money to make purchases.
Upon your childs completion of each activity, use the provided incentive chart and stickers to track progress and celebrate your child's success.
Whether students need extra practice with grade-level skills or a head start on next year, Stick Kids® Workbooks offer engaging activities, games, and puzzles that help make learning lots of fun. Each 56-page book features full-color activities, a list of the skills, and an explanation of why those skills are important for development. Also included are helpful tips, an answer key, a handy tracking sheet, stickers for acknowledging achievements, and appearances by the lovable Stick Kids!
These right-sized (7 x 9) skill practice workbooks are perfect for use at school, or as entertaining activities on the go. Tuck them into a backpack, purse, or travel bag. Great for school breaks, vacations, and year-long practice.
- Identifying coins and bills, by name, image, and value
- Coin combinations to one dollar
- Counting combinations of coins and bills to five dollars
- Making change
- Identifying money equivalencies
- Problem solving
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT LEARNING
- Work with your child in a quiet, calm setting.
- Complete some activities together. Keep a positive attitude and provide words of encouragement to support your child's journey in becoming a lifelong learner.
- Provide coins and bills if needed to help your child complete the activities.
- Help your child learn the basic concept of using money to buy items through role playing with real or play money in a store situation.
- Make trips to the grocery store or restaurant a learning experience by allowing your child to help count the amount of money to pay.